A 3-day clinical training ~ March 9th – 11th (3 days)
Time: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM each day
Location: 3000 NE Stucki Avenue, Suite 230, Hillsboro, OR
Lunch will be on our own
Receive up to 21 CE hours
- Now featuring new clinical films and interventions
- Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples!
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
- Certificates are available at www.ceuregistration.com
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing a dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
Who is this workshop for?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our level 2 Clinical Training training: Mental health providers, allied professionals, and clergy, students and interns, family clinic staff, Professors/teachers of couples therapy, researchers in the social sciences, Employee assistance professionals.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if canceled within 30 days of the conference, $100 cancellation fee if canceled after that date.
Student rate: TBD
Presenter Sabrina Walters – Bio:
I am a Gottman Certified Therapist and I hold a Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from George Fox University and a Bachelors of Science in Music from Linfield College. Major coursework includes human growth and development, family and couples counseling, multicultural counseling, drug and alcohol counseling, spirituality, Gottman Couples Therapy and the Core Values Index.
I am passionate about the development of skills and practices in others and fulfill this passion as an adjunct professor in the Masters of Counseling program at George Fox University as well as training counselors and coaches in the use of the Core Values Index.