A 3-day clinical training ~ May 7-9, 2020
Time: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM each day
Location: 3000 NE Stucki Avenue, Suite 230, Hillsboro, OR
Lunch will be on our own
Receive up to 21 CE hours
- Now featuring new clinical films and interventions
- Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples!
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing a dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
Who is this workshop for?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our level 2 Clinical Training training: Mental health providers, allied professionals, and clergy, students and interns, family clinic staff, Professors/teachers of couples therapy, researchers in the social sciences, Employee assistance professionals.
Student rate: TBD